..xX*Welcome*Xx..

Feel free to enjoy yourself and please leave a comment if you happen to come across this place. Thank you (*^_^*)

Friday 16 December 2011

Manga Review : Akatsuki no Yona

Hullo~!! Today I'm in a very good mood <3 So I decided to update the blog. Haha (what kind of reason is that?) Well, our manga review today shines on this particular manga I'm currently liking : Akatsuki no Yona. It was currently serialized in Hana to Yume magazine and scanlated by Titania Scanlations.


From Titania Scanlations:

Yona is the sole princess of the kingdom, living the luxurious and carefree life as a princess should. She has it all: the finest clothes and cosmetics, the most divine sweets, a loving emperor as a father, and the hottest cousin crush, Soo-won, anyone could ever hope to have. Now, if only her bodyguard, Son Hak, wasn't so annoying to her and her hair wasn't so red.

But her nearly perfect world quickly shatters as the man she loves, Soo-won, murders her father and the path to his ascension to the throne is assured. Son Hak escapes with Yona, and they lead a life on the run from that point on.

~***~

Considering the summary, it's not really such a heavy series. It was quite light, comparing it to other manga with more serious plotline. The comedies are still there, the romance are very sweet I love Hak, and there's even characters development. The stories are progressing smoothly too.

Since this is made by Mizuho Kusanagi, I shall say that the main cast are very huge. But let's just say that the main characters are these three, which at the start were childhood friends :

Our Princess Yona, of course. She's 16 currently.
The ex-Wind Tribe's Head & General, Hak. He's 18.
The new King of Kouka Kingdom, Soo-Won. He's 18.
P/S : The "right hand" is Hak, not his actual hand please.

It was divided into two groups after about 2 chapters. Yona with Hak, and Soo-Won alone. Poor him, huhu. Well, on the way, Yona's group increased since she needs the power of the dragons to help her and Hak survive. But before that, let me introduce you to Yoon, their exclusive healer and self-acclaimed genius. He is though, I think.

He also a somewhat narcissist and easily moved. He's 15.
And Yona's group exclusive mascot, Ao the squirrel! He's very adorable, and funny too.

Out of all the characters, he's the C-U-T-E-S-T!!! I LOVE HIM.
Now let me introduce you to the 4 dragons. We'll start from which was introduced first :

1. The White Dragon, Ki-Ja. He has dragon claws on his right hand. While his right hand is very strong, his left hand is weak. He was kinda similar to Yona, a spoiled rich kid. Every one in his village worships and loves him.
This is Ki-Ja. He's 19, almost 20.
2. The Blue Dragon, Shin-Ah. He has dragon eyes, so he wears mask to hide his eyes and avoid killing people because of it. He's still strong though. He's also a very shy and obedient boy. He doesn't talk much, as he's the type that action speaks louder than voice.


 He's 17, and almost 18, by the way.
Out of all the dragons, I love him the best because his actions are often very cute and naive. See this? Cute right?

I forgot to say this before, but Ao is his pet.

3. The Green Dragon, Jae-Ha. He has a dragon's feet, so he can jumps very high, and kicks very hard. He's a big flirt, he doesn't care whether it's a man or a girl. As long as it took his attention he'll try to harass you. Personally, I think he's just a masochist. Well, actually, he just loves teasing people.

He's 25, so he's the oldest dragon.
Sometimes he and Hak would tease Ki-Ja or Yoon or Yona together, and sometimes not. Both of them have a kinda similar personality, though he flirts more.

Don't worry, he's always like that.
4. The Yellow Dragon, Zeno. He has a very strong body which I suspect, he has scales all over his body! He's the last dragon to appear. I don't know much about him, since I only know him from spoilers give by Sorasan from livejournal. He was supposed to be cute and lovable.

I don't know how old is he, but I think he's 15.
Looking at him, he is cute. <3

There was another dragon, the Red Dragon. It was the leader I say master of the dragons. Want to know who?

Yep, it's Yona herself.
The reason all the dragons follow her are because the dragon blood that flows through their veins accepts her as their master. It was a blood contract made by their dragon predecessors with her ancestor, the Red Dragon turned human King Hiryuu long ago and fortunately, they accepted her as their master voluntarily (who wouldn't, since our Yona is cute!)

All in all, that's the main cast. I strongly recommend this series. It's too sweet and lovable a story you won't regret reading it in my opinion. By the way, here's some extra from Hak and yours truly;

Well, Jae-Ha is very fun to draw!

Yes, I'm sorry. This is the real one (: P) :
Yoon is the coolest :P

Hahaha!!! XD

Well, that's all! What a long post, haha. I suppose this is a very fun thing for me. Untill then, tata!

5 comments:

  1. I love this manga too! Seriously though, in the beginning, I thought that this was going to be a typical shoujo cliche. I'm pleasantly surprised that it's not. I'm falling in love with Hak though, even though there are soo many lovely bishis lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great site! Very easily explaining every character!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had started reading this one because my favorite manga ever was NG Life by Mizuho Kusanagi, and I wanted more of her art and character development. So I started reading this one and loved it. (But still not as much as NG Life). It's a fun, driven series, and I hope more people have a chance to read it! I really like your overview of it, thanks~

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a new anime which will premiere on October 7, the character designs are great and the animation quality is awesome, from what I've seen in the trailer.

    This can easily be a 26 episode series

    Akatsuki no Yona anime

    ReplyDelete
  5. this series is amaaazing :D lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete